Leadership Development: Five Things All Nonprofits Should Know
By: James W. Shepard, Jr. I Publisher: Stanford Social Innovation Review I Published: 2014 I Resource Added: 2014
Do you still believe that leadership development is too expensive, that it’s all about training or sabbaticals, that it’s a “nice to have but not necessary” employee benefit, or that executive leaders should focus on other things? Then this is what you need to learn:
- Leadership investments produce a high ROI.
- That means that leadership investments save you money, and create more mission impact, more revenues, lower costs and greater stability.
- Most nonprofits spend their leadership development dollars ineffectively.
- Most nonprofits can achieve high-quality leadership development if they have courageous leadership.
- Nonprofits can make big improvements for free right now.